Resort Planning Services
Planning and development consulting for the Outdoor Hospitality Industry.
We specialize in the planning and design of high-end RV Resorts, hotel and lodging development, event venues, parks and campgrounds, and workforce housing.
- Project Visioning, Master Planning, and Theming
- Community and Public Engagement
- RV Resort & RV Park Planning and Design
- Strategic Business Planning for Startup and Existing Operations
- Economic Modeling & Financial Analysis
- Market & Price Point Analysis
- Marketing & Sales Plans
- Marketing & Operations Startup
- Investor Coordination & Stakeholder Management
- Branding Campaigns
- Fundraising & Event Planning
- Public Relations
- Site Suitability Analysis for Development
- Landscape Architecture
- Irrigation Design
- Project Approvals through Negotiations & Plan Submittals
- Construction cost estimates, construction observation & documentation
Proven Success & Experience
- RV resort & RV park planning and design
- Park models, tiny homes, cottages and cabins
- Hotels, lodging, and accommodations
- Native American tribal development
- Master planned destinations
- Tourism based amenities and resorts
- Campgrounds, parks, trails and recreation facilities
- Large site renovation & redevelopment projects
- Amusement parks and water parks
- Playgrounds, dog parks, zip lines, obstacle courses
- Golf courses, pickleball, and sport courts
- RV park and RV resort development
- Workforce housing projects
- Event venues, parks, and resorts
- Senior living and active living parks and resorts
We Have Collaborated In 35 U.S. States and Internationally
Founded in 2004 by Matt Corrion, Outdoor Design Group has successfully completed projects ranging from master planned communities, to parks, streetscapes, and retail shopping centers.
Then, in 2010, Matt met Bud Surles and Amie Mersmann of Bud Surles Consulting Group. Bud was a leader in the Parks, Recreation, and Outdoor Hospitality Industry for both the public and private sectors for over 45 years. He held many esteemed positions over the years, including being named Director of Arkansas State Parks, before joining the National Park Service and becoming Assistant Superintendent of Yellowstone National Park.
Bud Surles Consulting Group was responsible for the planning and development of many acclaimed resorts, State Parks, and RV Parks. Bud completed over 100 such developments. For the next 8 years, Outdoor Design Group was partnering with Bud Surles and Amie Mersmann on resort projects across the country and internationally.
Today, our team continues this legacy, by providing high-quality design, planning, and operations consulting for the Outdoor Hospitality Industry. Our continued partnership with Amie (now of Mersmann Consulting Group) provides our clients with a world-class team of consultants with the experience and expertise to handle any project.
Get Started Now
– Jett Wunsche, Director of Land Services,
– Bill Brummett, Principal,
William Brummett Architects